Putting Children First
INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE: Putting Children First - Identifying solutions and taking action to tackle poverty and inequality in Africa
Link for submission of abstracts (ref. Call for Papers: Deadline 30 April 2017)
This conference is hosted by the Ethiopian Centre for Child Research, Ethiopian Development Research Institute (EDRI), the Comparative Research Programme on Poverty (CROP), The Impact Initiative at the Institute of Development Studies (IDS) and the Global Coalition to End Child Poverty, including African Child Policy Forum (ACPF), Partnership for Economic Policy (PEP), Save the Children, UNICEF and Young Lives.
It aims to engage policy makers, practitioners and researchers in identifying solutions for fighting child poverty and inequality in Sub-Saharan Africa, and inspiring action towards change. The conference offers a platform for bridging divides across sectors, disciplines and policy, practice and research:
- to identify, debate and advocate proven solutions to end child poverty in Sub-Saharan Africa;
- to share and discuss new research on who and where poor children are, why they are poor and whattailored approaches to address their situation may look like;
- to discuss particular policy and programming challenges and how they can be addressed;
- to build links and networks between researchers, policy makers and practitioners;
- to stimulate learning on particular skills that may help to move research to action.